We're recruiting - Hardware / Systems Engineer needed!
Hardware / Systems Engineer Responsibilities
- To identify and highlight best practices in relation to ISO 9001:2015 through continuous assessment and feeding process recommendations to the Systems Support Manager.
- Ensure that EA is represented at the highest level of professionalism when communicating with clients.
- Responsible for all hosted customer servers and infrastructure
- Responsible for all internal staff servers, pcs and infrastructure
- Configuration and maintenance of the network and associated devices
- Network security and antivirus / malware control
- Experience with configuring and maintaining Virtual servers (Hyper V)
- Microsoft Active Directory experience
- Communicating with clients to help resolve ongoing issues
- Communication with suppliers to get best prices for orders
- Working with third parties who provide maintenance
- Maintenance of all client backups for SQL, websites and services
- SQL Database configuration
- Integration package uploads
- Maintenance of CCTV systems
- Desktop PC operating system installation and configuration
- Desktop PC application installation and configuration
- Microsoft License Purchase and maintenance
- Webservices installation and configuration
- Out of hours support – including building access in the event of alarm activation
- Out of hours support for critical client systems
- Setup & configuration of printers
- Network and server monitoring systems / alerting in the event of service / server failure
- Support for all internal systems & user queries
- 3ex.net version updates
- Carry out work from home to minimise customer disruption out of normal hours
- Microsoft Exchange maintenance and support
- 3ex.net client support
- Configuration and maintenance of External Monitoring of all websites
- Mobile VPN setup for staff and customers
- IPSEC VPN setup
- Firewall configuration of multiple different devices
- Maintaining internet communications
- PDA Setup, Configuration and maintenance
- Network and phone patching
- Liaison to the Fire suppression, Air Con, and generator service companies
Health and Safety:
- Adhere to Employee Health & Safety Rules
- Co-operate with management on all aspects of Health & Safety
- Technical and analytical skills
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- A meticulous and methodical nature
- Attention to detail
- A logical mind
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Enthusiasm for continual learning
Knowledge and Experience
Vocational and technical skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to ensure effective resolution of operational queries.
He/she must be willing to work as part of a team, communicating with all departments of the business. The job holder must have a confident yet reassuring manner with clients and colleagues at all times. Good telephone and face-to-face personal skills are essential.
The job holder is privy to confidential information held on our databases and must exercise discretion when handling such information.
Judgement and decision making:
The job holder will sometimes be required to make quick decisions relating to management and client requests. The job holder must be assertive in doing this but must also know when to advise that an immediate decision cannot be made – rather than promising something that cannot be delivered.
Attention to detail is essential at all times to ensure the highest standard of delivery. Time management is of the essence and the job holder must be confident that they can deal with a number of things at any one time and constantly re-evaluate priorities.
The job holder must be flexible in terms of working hours. The role is generally business hours, however some evening and weekend work may be required.
To apply please email your CV and any supporting documents to email@example.com