Identify where your weakness and strength lie in order to increase your profit margin!
The 3ex.net Sales Profitability Report is designed for easy analysis of your best customers and top selling products.
The report utilises the 3ex.net standard Sales Profitability Transaction Reporting Rule and the Sales Profitability Transaction Reporting Template. More details about the 3ex.net standard Transaction Reporting Rules and Templates can be found within the Transaction Reporting System.
The standard 3ex.net Transaction Reporting Template used for Sales Profitability Reporting allows the end user to specify criteria including:
- Address (Specify a range of customers or leave blank to include all customers on the report)
- Transaction Date (Specify a range of transactions to include on the report within a particular date range)
- Creation Date (Specify a range of transaction based on when they were initially created to be included on the report)
- Hold Reason (Specify a particular reason such as "Restricted Product" for the report to find matching transactions at the Invoiced workflow stage.)
- Product (Specify a range or an individual product for the report to find matching transactions at the Invoiced workflow stage.)
- Supplier (Specify a range or an individual Supplier for the report to find matching transactions at the Invoiced workflow stage.)
- Drop down selection of Transaction Reserved Status (Specify if the report generated should only include part or wholly unfulfilled transactions at the Invoiced workflow stage. The screen shot below displays all variants for this criterion)
- Drop down selection of Transaction Line Reserved Status (Specify if the report generated should only include part or wholly unfulfilled transaction lines at the Invoiced workflow stage.)
The second step in the Sales Profitability Report wizard is to tick the check box to run the report which is viewed on screen. The screen shot below shows the layout of the standard Sales profitability report. The standard 3ex.net report displays the following standard data columns with the facility to drill down into transaction to reveal the transaction line information. The standard 3ex.net report displays:;
- Reference: Transaction Reference
- Stage: Transaction Workflow stage
- Date: Date Transaction Reached Transaction Workflow stage
- Address: Customer name and Code
- No. of lines: Number of transaction lines on the transaction
- Total Nett: Total Vat Exclusive value of the transaction
- Total Cost: Total Cost value of the transaction
- Profit: The Profit value is calculated on the standard 3ex.net system as follows; Total Nett Value minus Total Cost Value
- Margin %: The Profit margin percentage is calculated on the standard 3ex.net system as follows; ((Total Nett Value minus Total Cost Value) divided by Total Cost Value) multiplied by 100
The Sales Profitability report when viewed on screen as the facility to drill down into each transaction to reveal the linked transaction lines. On drill down, the standard 3ex.net report displays; Product Code, Product Description, Qty, Reserved Qty, Nett Price, Total Nett, Cost, Total Cost, Profit and Profit Margin percentage on a line by line basis.
As with all standard 3ex.net reports, the data displayed on screen can subsequently be exported to csv, pdf or excel format by simply clicking the save icon and choosing the preferred format.
Should the standard layout of the Sales Profitability report not meet your requirements then a Change Request can be raised to create a bespoke layout for your company needs.